- Dissolve Shan Mandhi Mix in one cup of water and add 2-3 tablespoons oil / butter. Mix and apply to meat.
- Pour 2 cups of water in a tightly closing pot or pressure cooker and bring to boil. Place the meat in it. Cover tightly and cook on low heat for: chicken 1-1½ hour, lamb / mutton 2- 2½ hours.
- Remove from heat. Separate meat and stock.
- Heat 2-3 table spoons oil/ butter and fry the meat from all sides for 2-3 minutes and keep aside.
- In the meat stock add enough water to make it 3½ cups. Keep this aside.
- Heat remaining oil/ butter and fry the sliced onion till light brown.
- Add the 3½ cups of meat stock and drained rice. Bring to boil, and then reduce heat to low. Cover tightly and cook for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Remove cover and fluff the rice with a fork. Place the meat on it. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or till the rice is tender. Put the rice in a dish and place the chicken / lamb / mutton over it.
Write Your Own Review