- Heat oil. Stir-fry onion till very light golden.
- Add meat. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, add Shan Kabsa Rice Mix, tomato paste and stir.
- Add 5 cups of water. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for: chicken 35 minutes, lamb/ mutton 45 minutes or till meat is tender and soft.
- Add drained rice. Bring to boil then reduce heat to low. Cover tightly (with aluminum foil) and cook for exactly 15 minutes on low heat.
- Remove cover. (Note: If the rice is not tender, sprinkle half (½) cup of hot water over it). Cover and cook for 5 minutes or till the rice are tender. Mix the rice and put it in a serving dish and place the meat over it.
Write Your Own Review