Why get your Shepherd's Pie delivered when you can whip up this traditional English dish at home with the downright easy-to-follow instructions?!
Serves 3-4 Pax
- Meat Mixture
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Brown Onion, Finely Chopped
4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1 Cup Mixed Vegetables
500g Beef Mince
2 Bay Leaves
1.5 Cups Vegetable Stock
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1.5 Tablespoon BBQ Sauce
- Mashed Potatoes
4-5 (abt 800g) Russet Potatoes , peeled and chopped
1/3 Cup Butter cubed, cold
1/4 Cup Milk
1. Add salt to room temperature water, add potatoes and bring to boil. Cook till
potatoes are soft.
2. Heat oil and add onions and garlic, cook till onions are translucent.
3. Add mixed vegetables and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Add minced beef and cook till it starts to change color.
5. Add bay leaves, vegetable stock, Worcestershire sauce and BBQ sauce.
6. Bring to boil then reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes till sauce thickens.
7. While meat cooks, drain cooked potatoes then add butter and mash till smooth.
8. Gradually add milk and mix till combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
9. Remove bay leaves from meat, then taste and season with salt and black pepper.
10. Preheat oven to 180c.
11. Spoon meat mixture into baking dish and top with mashed potato.
12. Rough up the surface of the mashed potatoes with a fork then bake for 20 minutes
until mashed potato turns golden brown.
Recipe & photos: @everybodyjiak (IG)